What do I do if I want to try bowls?
You can download a nomination form here or come to the Club and complete a form. It is then handed to the Club Secretary and, after approval, you will be contacted regarding membership, or coaching if you are not already a player.
Free coaching is available from Accredited Bowls Australia coaches.
If you find that bowls is “not for you”, you are not under any obligation to continue.
What equipment is required?
- The Club will loan you a set of lawn bowls for an initial period of time.
- Bowls Australia approved shoes. Barefoot or socks are acceptable for Jack Attack and practice or coaching.
- Casual/coloured clothing allowed. Sunsmart advised.
What are some other benefits?
- Greens are available nearly always for practice.
- A member is entitled to play lawn bowls at any other lawn bowls club.
- Access to great facilities and licensed premises.
- Email bowls bulletins and newsletter, “The Aspley E-Bowler”
- Option to put your name down online.
- No poker machines.
- A group of ladies meet every second Thursday morning for craft and morning tea.
- Discount hall hire.
- Plus heaps more!